Subject: RE: [topicmaps-comment] TAO vs. ERA

[scott tsao]

> I suspect that this discussion may lead to the

> unveiling of internal mapping of RDB-based TopicMaps

> engines, which could be well-guarded secret of

> vendors.

Well-guarded, or "hidden in plain sight" ;-)

The topic map graph has always been designed to be implementable using
the relational model. TMPM4 (now basis for ISO reference model)
includes the text:

   It is possible to implement the relationships and semantics

   illustrated by this Processing Model accurately using relational
   databases.

"Topicmaps.net's Processing Model for XTM 1.0, version 1.0.2," section
1.0, at http://www.topicmaps.net/pmtm4.htm.

S.

=====
<!-- "Saving civilization through markup." -->