Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] German KM market survey covers topic maps

Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

> * H. Holger Rath
> |
> | I am more than pleased to report about a METAGROUP market survey I
> | received today. About 200 German companies of any size returned a
> | METAGROUP questionaire containing genernal knowledge management
> | questions but also some questions about XTM.
>
> This is very interesting, but the results are almost too good to be
> entirely credible. Are these really 200 randomly selected German
> companies, or are they IT companies, or companies that might in some
> other way be expected to be more than averagely knowledgeable about
> topic maps?

Branches of the 201 companies are:
Manufactoring:				36%
Telecom, Transport, shipping, supply:	 9%
Trade:					10%
Banks, insurances, finance:		 7%
Education, health:			 6%
Business service:			19%
Public:					11%

revenues of the companies in year 2000 (in mio Euro,
not every of the 201 companies disclosed revenues):
<1		 5
1-10		12
10-100		61
100-1,000	38
1,000+		17

and the size of the 201 companies (= number of employees) ranged from
200-349		38%
350-499		17%
500-999		14%
1000-2499	15%
2500+		16%

I would say that this is rather representative.

--Holger

--
Dr. H. Holger Rath
- Director Research & Development -