Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] multilingual thesaurus - language,scope ,and topic naming constraint

* Thomas B. Passin

| I don't think that xinclude is the right tool, but the principle
| behind xinclude seems to be to supply the context of an element as
| well as the element itself.  If we could identify an analogous
| "context" for topic map fragments, it might be possible to embed the
| requested information in the context.  I have nothing concrete to
| offer beyond this thought, though.

Aha. So XInclude was just a metaphor, and not a concrete technology
recommendation? In that case I think we are in agreement.

| I sounds like Mondeca has been working along these lines, as jean
| delahousse just reported.  That is very encouraging, and we can hope
| to achieve something that is shared and not proprietary.

If Mondeca is doing this that's great news. Ontopia will also be doing
something like this as part of our topic map server product, so it
should mean that when the time is ready to standardize this we'll have
some experience to build on.

Given that it will take us a while to complete TMQL, which will
necessarily have to form one piece of this solution, a standardized
solution seems to be some way off.