Subject: RE: [topicmaps-comment] invitation to post tech material resituatedness etc

Mr. Dodds,

My work is published at:

http://www.bcngroup.org/area3/pprueitt/book.htm

and the new work on formative ontology and visual abstraction is at:

http://www.ontologystream.com/SLIP/index3.htm

*Situated* means that the formation and interpretation of a graph structure
occurs in a context of a present moment, much like mental awareness.  The
ontology is NOT retrieved, it is constructed as when we humans re-member the
invariance of the past and produce an aggregation of texture, color.

The eventChemistry browsers do exactly this.  Thus the generalized latent
semantic indexing is formative and produces an ontology in a few seconds.  A
control langauge is introduced to modify the process through which the
formation occurs.  Moreover the intrepretation of the the visual icon is
able to lead to interactions and refinement of the retrieval of
substructrues (SLIP atoms) into the formative process (event chemistry) and
even to the automated adjustment of data sensors.

The theory implies that, an any non-static case, a situated occurance can
NOT be coded completely prior to the use of the ontology, that it has to be

1) derived from atoms such as in the eventChemistry
2) be left open to interpretation by a human mind.

This leads into the discussion of scope, coherence and completeness, forward
affordance, and into non-addressable subjects.

Stratification is a long discussion.  If you are interested in a discussion,
then we have to develop this slowly... yes?  There are others in a research
group can can help.

You have delivered this type of demand for explaination before.  The simple
language that you have asked for is in the tutorial and free software at:

http://www.ontologystream.com/SLIP/index3

You and I have been here before, and starting this off with a statement that
implied that I have been less to forthcoming is just not right.  The work is
there for everyone to see and work through.

One question at a time... this would be appreciated...  and a dialog that is
not interspered with other stuff..ok?