Subject: Topic Map APIs (WAS : Re: [topicmaps-comment] mapping topic maps on arelation database)

At 19:41 20/04/2002 +0200, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

>* Thomas B. Passin
>|
>| Oh, good, you've got something going on an API.  Wish I had known...
>| We had a thread on this some months ago and it didn't seem like it
>| was going anywhere.
>
>Actually, it's been around for a while. It hasn't really been
>announced, though. I know Kal was planning to do this at some point,
>so I hope I haven't stolen his thunder now.

Not too much!

Lars Marius has already posted the URL for the Sourceforge project page
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/tmapi) - which is home to the prototype
Java interfaces (currently only in CVS), and the discussion list.

There is also a "proper" homepage (http://tmapi.org) where you can find a
couple of exciting UML diagrams (ooh!). And of course, TM4J actually
implements this stuff :) However, the API is by no means "closed" yet -
discussion is held on the Sourceforge-hosted list and all contributions are
welcome.

Cheers,

Kal