Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] mergeMap Pointing to More Than One topicMapElement

* W. Eliot Kimber

| My question: should I report addressing of more than one topicMap
| element as a reportable topic map error or should the XTM spec be
| ammended to allow mergeMap to address multiple topicMap elements?

I think the spec should amended to say that if you refer to a resource
using a URI with no fragment you are merging in all the topics and
associations given in that resource, regardless of how many <topicMap>
elements occur in the document.

If there is a fragment, however, it should be a reportable error if
there is no corresponding <topicMap> element. If there is such an
element, only the content of that element should be merged into the
master topic map.