Subject: [topicmaps-comment] ANN: MergeMapResolver Utility

[I originally posted this to the topicmaps list, not the
topicmaps-comment list as I should have.]

I've put up a copy of my little mergeMap resolver utility on the ISOGEN
Web server: http://www.isogen.com/papers/mergeMapResolver.zip (1.7 Meg).
The package includes all the required 3rd-party JAR files.

It should compile and run fine on. We've tested it on Windows and Linux.

This utility implements all of mergeMap as far as I know, including
adding additional scopes to occurrences, base names, and association
members. However, I don't bother to detect duplicate scope specs. It
does not do any semantic
merging of topics--I leave that for existing tools that already do the
hard stuff. MergeMapResolver is intended to be used as a syntax-level
preprocessor for XTM docs that are then fed into complete topic map
engines.

Let me know if you find any problems with it--I haven't had time to
throw a lot of docs at it (this is just a little spare time project).

Cheers,

Eliot
--
W. Eliot Kimber, eliot@isogen.com