Subject: [topicmaps-comment] PSI for MIME types

Steve Pepper wrote:
 >In the meantime, the nice thing about PSIs is that *anyone* (including
 >you!) could publish them.

Well, I put together an attempt at a PSI topic map for MIME types which
can be found at http://members.lycos.co.uk/madeejit/semweb/mime.xtm

It would be great if some of the topic map experts can take a moment to
look at it, and tell me what I have done wrong ;)

I modelled mime-types as a class, with a subclass of mime-content-type
(text, image, audio etc), itself with a subclass of mime-content-subtype
(text/html, image/gif, audio/x-wav etc). Then I instantiated the content
types and subtypes and then associated the subtype instances to their
related type instance. I also have a topic 'resource' (denoting anything
that can have a mime type) and an association 'has-mime-type'.

 >That being the case, it would make sense to model the MIME type
 >property through an association between the resource and the MIME
type, >rather than to use occurrence types or scope.

OK, then using my PSI topic map I assume this is the correct usage:

<topic id="porsche">
     <baseName>
         <baseNameString>Porsche AG</baseNameString>
     </baseName>
     <occurrence id="porsche_com_link">
         <instanceOf>
         <subjectIndicatorRef xlink:href="#website"/>
         </instanceOf>
         <scope>
         <topicRef
xlink:href="http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/language.xtm#en"/>
         </scope>
         <resourceRef xlink:href="http://www.porsche.com"; />
     </occurrence>
</topic>

<topic id="porsche_com_webpage">
     <subjectIdentity>
         <subjectIndicatorRef xlink:href="#porsche_com_link" />
     </subjectIdentity>
       <baseName>
         <baseNameString>
         The official Porsche website
         </baseNameString>
       </baseName>
</topic>

<association id="porsche_com_mime_type">
     <instanceOf>
     <topicRef
xlink:href="http://members.lycos.co.uk/madeejit/semweb/mime.xtm#has-mime-type"/>
     </instanceOf>
     <member>
     <roleSpec><topicRef
xlink:href="http://members.lycos.co.uk/madeejit/semweb/mime.xtm#resource"/>
     </roleSpec>
     <topicRef xlink:href="#porsche_com_webpage"/>
     </member>
     <member>
     <roleSpec><topicRef
xlink:href="http://members.lycos.co.uk/madeejit/semweb/mime.xtm#mime-type"/></roleSpec>
     <topicRef
xlink:href="http://members.lycos.co.uk/madeejit/semweb/mime.xtm#text-html"/>
     </member>
</association>

Have I got this right?

Is there any interest in extending this work into a publicly available
MIME type PSI for the Topic Map community?

Lyndon