Subject: Re: [topicmapmail] Re: [topicmaps-comment] back to the lists

Hi Max,

*Max Voskob
>Is there actually a schema for XTM 1.0?
>I downloaded the DTD, but you know, the automatic conversion is never
>perfect and I have to spend ~ 3 hrs to get a proper schema that I can use
>and rely upon. I wonder if anyone has done it before?

I wonder which tool you used for the conversion. The XTM DTD is not a
complex one and doing a simple W3C schema generation with  a tools such as
XML Spy with some tweaking shouldn't take 3 hours!

>During the last UDDI meeting we discussed an option of using external
>representation of taxonomies (it's a UDDI thing) and someone suggested to
>look into XTM. This is the primary reason for me to contact you and seek
>your cooperation.

Here's the paper I wrote for modeling the UNSPSC in XTM syntax.
Using  external representations of taxonomies is not only a UDDI thing :)
http://www.idealliance.org/papers/extreme02/html/2002/Nishikawa01/EML2002Nishikawa01-toc.html

Murray Altheim has worked on an XTM representation of the Cyc ontology.
There are others.

>Personally, I think that XTM is a good standard, but I wish I had a schema
>for it! :)

I thought you just made one for yourself :)

Cheers,
Mary

Mary Y. Nishikawa,  EDMS Technical Advisor
Schlumberger K. K.
2-2-1 Fuchinobe
Sagamihara, Kanagawa 229-0006
Tel:  +81-42-759-5376
Fax: +81-42-759-3563

Eureka IT Community Web Technologies SIG Co-leader &
XML BB Manager, xmlbb@slb.com
ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34 WG3 Japan
Topic Map Constraint Language http://www.isotopicmaps.org/tmcl
OASIS TM Pubsubj TC, GeoLang TC, XMLVoc TC