Subject: RE: [topicmapmail] Re: [topicmaps-comment] back to the lists

Hi Max, Mary and the group at large,

>*Max Voskob
>>Is there actually a schema for XTM 1.0?
>>I downloaded the DTD, but you know, the automatic conversion is never
>>perfect and I have to spend ~ 3 hrs to get a proper schema that I can
use
>>and rely upon. I wonder if anyone has done it before?

I have an xsd file, but it is not ready for prime time.  I am using it
to generate data sets in Visual Studio .NET  It is also just part of my
personal work to understand topic maps and is not sanctioned by anyone,
i.e. not funded.  I am puttering around with it as I have the time.

*Mary Nishikawa
>I wonder which tool you used for the conversion. The XTM DTD is not a
>complex one and doing a simple W3C schema generation with  a tools such
as
>XML Spy with some tweaking shouldn't take 3 hours!

<SOAPBOX type="religious">
I tried to get a schema that would open in XMLSpy, TurboXML(Tibco) and
Microsoft Visual Studio .NET.  This was actually a surprisingly
difficult (tedious) task.  I ended up going to Textpad, making the file
as generic as possible and noting the diffs and failures in the 3
environments.  One would hope that a schema based on a standard would
open and function in a similar manner on multiple applications.  That
is, after all, the intent of a large amount of the work we as a
community have been developing.
</SOAPBOX>

Of course, it could be operator error :)