topicmaps message

Subject: [topicmaps] ANN: MergeMapResolver Utility

I've put up a copy of my little mergeMap resolver utility on the ISOGEN
Web server: http://www.isogen.com/papers/mergeMapResolver.zip (5.5 Meg)

It should compile and run fine but you'll have to adjust the filenames
in the unit tests to get the tests to pass. The package includes all the
dependent libraries.

This utility implements all of mergeMap as far as I know, including
adding additional scopes to occurrences and base names (I just realized
I forgot to account for association members--Doh!). However, I don't
bother to detect duplicate scope specs. It does not do any semantic
merging of topics--I leave that for existing tools that already do the
hard stuff. MergeMapResolver is intended to be used as a syntax-level
preprocessor for XTM docs that are then fed into complete topic map
engines.

Let me know if you find any problems with it--I haven't had time to
throw a lot of docs at it (this is just a little spare time project).

Cheers,

Eliot
--
W. Eliot Kimber, eliot@isogen.com