tosca-comment message

Subject: 4.2 Properties (editorial)

Greetings!

While I am using 4.2 as an example, these comments apply to the
structure of all the property definitions sections in TOSCA.

I get the impression, possibly wrong, that indented lists are being
used to represent parent/child, element/attribute relationships?

Yes?

If so, that makes reliable references very difficult. Witness my
comment on another issue that referred to 4.2 (Extensions). I didn't
know of any other way to indicate the sub-section I wanted to reference.

I don't think numbering the list would improve matters all that much.

Using second level sections for elements and third level sections for
attributes would go a long way to making it easy to refer back and
forth to various provisions in the specification.

It would not change the content, although the appearance would change
substantially.

Specific to 4.2, the change in the use of sections, sub-sections,
sub-sub-sections, would remove ambiguity like the paragraphs at 436 to
439, inclusive and 440 - 449, inclusive, 450 to 455, inclusive.

I can't tell if all of these paragraphs apply to Import or does the
middle paragraph apply to "The Definitions element..."?

The lack of sectioning makes it difficult to track your location in
the text.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

- --
Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)
Former Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau