tosca-comment message

Subject: RE: [tosca-comment] Question about TOSCA

Hi Furqan,

Thanks for your request. The way Ansible is intended to be used by TOSCA is similar to how bash scripts are used: they are defined as implementation artifacts associated with TOSCA nodes. These artifacts are then specified as operation implementations for the appropriate operations defined in TOSCA interfaces.

In order to correctly run Ansible playbooks, a TOSCA orchestrator has to do the following:

- it has to "inject" the operation input values into the Ansible playbooks (presumably using templating e.g. Jinja2)
- it has to have some idea about the inventory for Ansible

This part of the spec is unfortunately not yet very well defined and various implementations use different mechanisms. I invite members to contribute information about their specific implementation. I'd love to converge on a standard way to handle Ansible in TOSCA service templates.

Thanks,

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: tosca-comment@lists.oasis-open.org <tosca-comment@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of furqan iqbal
Sent: Thursday, November 4, 2021 3:27 PM
To: tosca-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [tosca-comment] Question about TOSCA

Hi TOSCA Team,

I have a question about TOSCA. I want to know how TOSCA steers Ansible, How TOSCA supervises Ansible. How to use TOSCA with Ansible, is TOSCA adds value to Ansible, what are the similarities between TOSCA and Ansible?

I will be thankful if I get the answer to these questions.

Best Regards
Furqan Iqbal

--
This publicly archived list offers a means to provide input to the OASIS Topology and Orchestration Specification for Cloud Applications (TOSCA) TC.