tosca-interop message

Subject: Re: [tosca-interop] Uploaded initial sample ServiceTemplate for SugarCRM

Hi Tobias,

first of all, good that you have looked at the sample in detail - the more
review we get the better :-)

On your use case where different workload have different requirements
(Apache only vs. Apache with mod_php): I indeed think this should be
covered by wd-11 (as you say in your previous mail).
One thing we are playing around with in our implementation is also the
concept of building more abstract NodeTypes (e.g. something like WebTier
instead of something as concrete as Apache httpd) that expose certain
capabilities against which application requirements can bind. Then there
can be multiple separate service templates that kind of implement the
abstract NodeTypes. Those separate service templates can specify the
"internal" components  needed to provide the capabilities (e.g. httpd and
mod_php).
This first model we provided does not expose this feature yet, since we
wanted to start simple, but I think we will come to the more advanced
samples during our interop work.

Regards,
Thomas

  From:       Tobias Kunze <tkunze@redhat.com>

  To:         Thomas Spatzier/Germany/IBM@IBMDE

  Cc:         tosca-interop@lists.oasis-open.org

  Date:       16.09.2012 01:50

On second thought, I just realized that said addressing is now implemented
using Requirement/Capability id attributes in RelationshipTemplates. Please
disregard my previous email.

-Tobias

> Thomas-
>
> Thanks a lot for creating this, including the PPT. One thing I notice is
that the Capability/Requirement type attribute (if I understand it
correctly) won't be enough to actually identify a node type. We ran into
this with OpenShift. For instance, the topology could have two Apaches,
both providing a "ns1:WebAppContainerCapability" type Capability, let's say
one for a PHP app workload, the other to run a static web server. It is
important for the application workload node type to specify a specific
requirement on the Apache hosting mod_php.

> I can't tell off-hand whether our current Capability/Requirement
definition allows for that kind of addressing (wd11 seems to suggest it
doesn't).

<thomas.spatzier@de.ibm.com> wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I just uploaded an initial sample TOSCA ServiceTemplate for the SugarCRM
use case according to wd-11 as input for the interop SC.

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tosca/download.php/46915/SugarCRM-20120914.zip

>> There is also a small chart deck that depicts some of the structure of
the ServiceTemplate to help understand the XML files:

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tosca/download.php/46916/SugarCRM-20120914.pptx