tosca-interop message

Subject: RE: [tosca-interop] some questions about the csar

Hi Matt,

         Thank you for your answers. But I still have some questions.

1.       The server node is ok. We could create a VM based on the requirements of the Server node. But in the CSAR package, should we indicate which os (in the demo we will use RHEL6.3) will be installed on the VM ? but this information is not include in the CSAR package except README.

2.Indeed we discuss it several weeks before. I remember that in your opinion that the os already includes with some softwares(apache, mysql etc)(plz see the attachment 1. in the mail, “ it appears that they assume that the operating system (as part of the VM, which is named "VmApache_os" in the "SugarCRM-Defintions.xml" file) already has the Apache and MySQL software available.); but with Thomas opinion, it is just the pure os without any other software. (plz see the attachment 2. In the mail, On your second question: the statement in my last email is correct: the VMs just have the base operating system installed and do not yet include any of the packages for mysql. httpd, php etc. Those get installed by deploying the DeploymentArtifacts of type OsPackageArtifact. This is purely declarative, so that's why there is no install command in any of the scripts. Solely by the fact that those DeploymentArtifacts are defined, the orchestrator "knows" that the respective packages have to be installed before any of the script operations run. Based on the package type, the orchestrator "knows" which install commands to use for the packages.”)and in the CSAR package, there are some OsPackageArtifact which provide the information about the install package( file type etc.) but without reference which indicate the  place to get the install package, for example:

<ArtifactTemplate id="at-ApacheWebServer-http-packages"

    name="http-packages" type="ns1:OsPackageArtifact">

    <Properties>

      <ns1:OsPackageArtifactProperties

        xmlns:ns1="http://docs.oasis-open.org/tosca/ns/2011/12/ToscaBaseTypes"

        packageType="rpm" xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/tosca/ns/2011/12/ToscaBaseTypes">

        <PackageInformation packageName="httpd"/>

      </ns1:OsPackageArtifactProperties>

    </Properties>

  </ArtifactTemplate>

So which solution we should use?

         Any suggestions & comments will be appreciated.

Best Regards

Jin Qin

HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO.,LTD. huawei_logo

Huawei Nanjing Base
No 101. Software Street
Nanjing 210012, P.R.China
Tel: +86 25 566 20559