Subject: Re: [tosca] Groups - Issue_TOSCAXXX_Substitution_mappings_grammar_support.docx uploaded

Hi Thinh,

Thanks for the slides. When looking at some of the operations of a VNF (slide 17) it sounds to me that they could be in TOSCA more a workflow than an operation. Basically, Instantiate VNF somehow would be the install workflow of the substituted node. Same as scale is probably not a node operation but merely a scale workflow that may impact multiple instances within the substitution topology. I guess that most of the operations of the VNF may end up in being workflows rather than single operation (and somehow a workflow can call a single operation).

I wonder if the substituted node doesn’t expose all it’s workflow to the outside world (seen as operations somehow?) that would be a way of solving the interface element.

Looking forward for next Tuesday call.

BTW are US switching time this week end?

Luc

From: "Nguyenphu, Thinh (Nokia - US/Irving)" <thinh.nguyenphu@nokia.com>
Date: Thursday, 9 March 2017 at 19:35
To: Matthew Rutkowski <mrutkows@us.ibm.com>, Luc Boutier <luc.boutier@fastconnect.fr>
Cc: "tosca@lists.oasis-open.org" <tosca@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi Luc, Matt, and YAML team,

Enclosed attachment is a slide set that was prepared by ETSI NFV on an overview of NFV and VNF Lifecycle management.  It very good materials.  For our specific topics on deployment flavour, interfaces, etc, please take a look at slide 10-23. Slide 17 gives an overview of ETSI NFV LCM operations.

I hope this informative materials help the team to understand some nfv requirements.

P.S. the slide set is publicly available on ETSI NFV open area.

Thinh