Subject: About TOSCA-Simple-Profile-YAML-1.1, can you please help me about CSAR Metadata, Thx

Hi TOSCA-teers,

In clause 6 (TOSCA Cloud Service Archive(CSAR) format of TOSCA-Simple-Profile-YAML-1.1), there are 2 options of defining metadata. One way is to create a TOSCA.meta file in TOSCA-Metadata directory, the other is to define data in matadata section in a yaml file in the root directory of csar package without a TOSCA.meta file. I have a few questions below, would you pleas help me out?

1. What will happen if we define metadata in both TOSCA.meta file and  matadata section in a yaml file? Does tosca parser handle the metadata in two places?

2. Are there any restrictions for the metadata in those two places? Say, TOSCA.meta file only has TOSCA-Meta-Version, Entry-Definitions, etc. while metadata section in a yaml file could have template_name, template_version and so on?

3. If we choose option 2 defining data in matadata section in a yaml file in the root directory, can we have other metadata sections in other yaml files?

?

BR,

Feng Yuanxing

冯远兴 fengyuanxing

IT开发工程师 IT Development Engineer
MANO一部/无线研究院/无线产品经营部 MANO  DeptⅠ/Wireless Product R&D Institute/Wireless Product Operation

南京市雨花台区紫荆花路68号中兴通讯二期4A楼

4/F, R&D Building, ZTE Corporation

68 Zijinghua RoadYuhuatai District, Nanjing, P..R.China, 210012

T: +86 25 xxxxxxxx F:+86 25 xxxxxxxx
M: +86 13913910960
E: feng.yuanxing@zte.com.cn
www.zte.com.cn