Subject: Re: [tosca] key_schema in TOSCA 1.3?

Thanks everybody for the discussion and quick decision!

As an addendum, I'll just point out there is a workaround for cases where you need to send a map with arbitrary keys to an external system. Just use a list of entries:

data_types:
 MyEntry:
ÂÂÂ Key: MyKeyType
ÂÂÂ Value: MyValueType

node_types:
 MyNode:
ÂÂÂ properties:
ÂÂÂÂÂ my_fake_map:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ type: list
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ entry_schema: MyEntry

The one caveat is that TOSCA would not be able to verify the uniqueness of keys, but at least there is a functional solution.

Is it worth pointing this out in the spec to preempt questions about the key_schema limitation?