Subject: RE: Differentiating TOSCA from HEAT

As I understand it, due to Policies, the lack of normative Artifact types (there is no conformance requirement to support any specific type of Artifact) and the fact that there are no normative relationship types, interoperability can only be achieved within a Profile, not across profiles.

You are correct. However, to enable interoperability we have shifted focus from ânormative artifact typesâ to trying to define standard interfaces for âartifact processorsâ or âexecutorsâ for artifact types (or âimplementation typesâ) . Presumably it will be possible (once we finalize this work) to package such âexecutorsâ in the same profiles that define the artifact types/implementation types themselves.

According to our new Charter point 4.2 Profiles are non-normative. So within the scope of 4.2 we can develop example templates, profiles and related artifacts ââfor testing â interoperability between multiple TOSCA implementations.â

Iâ love to make progress in this area over the next couple of months.