Subject: RE: [tosca] Re: Differentiating TOSCA from HEAT

Thanks Tal,

I find this answer contradictory.

Either TOSCA has the expressive power required for the intended variability or it doesnât.

You say that pre-processing is inevitable because it isnât, but you also say it is already the case, because it is.  I am unable to reconcile those statements, please help.

From the âinevitableâ part, I think you mean âisnâtâ, and so clearly, in your opinion TOSCA is not and should not beundesirableâ) sufficiently expressive for day 0 â because if it were, then there would be no need for pre-processors.

If there can be a pre-processor input format that is more expressive than TOSCA, and you do say âif not support it, in our specsâ, then yes â our specs should be standardizing that format as âTOSCAâ. Unfortunately, this would introduce yet one or two layers of parameterization on top of those of YAML, inputs, properties and attributes, and it would further complicate the language.

Alternatively, the role of TOSCA becomes just as an intermediate format, useful for checking consistency of the output from whatever tool produced TOSCA.

I am not sure how to progress from hereâ

Peter