Subject: Re: [tosca] RE: updated operational model

On Mon, Feb 28, 2022 at 10:12 PM Chris Lauwers <lauwers@ubicity.com> wrote:

Iâve been holding off on this until I better understand how you envision that operations and notifications can be used in non-TOSCA orchestrators. In my interpretation, interfaces, operations, and notifications are purely TOSCA orchestrator concepts, and as a result I would place them in the TOSCA Orchestrator box. But you seem to see a use for them even when youâre not doing TOSCA-based orchestration. Iâd love to better understand this so we can finalize the operational model.

It's not about orchestration per se -- the whole reason we created the "operational model" was to explain grammar while reducing assumptions to the minimum. And, well, "operations and notifications" are literally "operational" and belong in the model. Since we are struggling to expand the "operations" grammar for TOSCA 2.0 and also revisiting "notifications", as well as "artifacts" and how they relate to these, it is worth including these important constructs in the "operational model"

I've shared diagrams that include both artifacts and events:

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tosca/download.php/69286/TOSCA%20Operational%20and%20Event%20Models.pptx

Therein I made an attempt to collaborate by building on your diagrams.