trans-ws message

Subject: Q's for the Trans-WS FAQ

Here’s an initial list of Questions for the FAQ.  I’m sure we’ll find more questions to add but this represents a starting point:

  1. What is a “Web Service”?
  2. Are there different types of Web Services implementations?
  3. What software, operating systems, software components etc. does my system need to have installed in order to use Web Services?
  4. Which Web Services implementation/choreography do I need to use in order to use Translation Web Services?
  5. What is “Translation Web Services”?
  6. Where can I find the specs for Translation Web Services? Where can I find / download it?
  7. Where is the latest version of Translation Web Services specifications? Where can I find / download it?
  8. Are the Translation Web Services specifications an official OASIS standard?
  9. What do I need to get started with Translation Web Services?
  10. What sort of software / hardware infrastructure do I need to implement my own Translation Web Service?
  11. Is a WSDL of Translation Web Service business processes available?  Where can I find / download it?
  12. What sorts of business processes/transactions are supported by Translation Web Services?
  13. What are the technical advantages of using Translation Web Services?
  14. What are the business advantages of using Translation Web Services?
  15. What does a typical localisation/translation workflow look like using Translation Web Services?
  16. My company (a software publisher) already uses a portal/software system/intranet for managing projects with our vendors. Could we use Translation Web Services? What business reasons would motivate my vendors to adopt Translation Web Services?
  17. My company (a translation / localisation / globalisation services provider) has developed its own portal/software system/intranet for managing projects for our customers.  Could we use Translation Web Services? What business reasons would motivate my customers to adopt Translation Web Services?
  18. My company doesn’t have an enterprise system of any sort – just a very basic peer to peer LAN with internet access.  Can we use Translation Web Services?
  19. How do I store/transport the translatable content in the Translation Web Service?
  20. Can I use UDDI for discovery of localisation / translation service providers?  How about automatic discovery?
  21. Assuming I’ve developed and exposed my business processes workflow as Translation Web Services, how do my vendors connect and work with it?
  22. How secure is Translation Web Services data and transactions?  Can it be made to be more secure?
  23. Is a Translation Web Services reference implementation or a tutorial available?

Tony Jewtushenko

Director- R&D - Product Innovator Ltd. (Ireland)

P: +353.1.8875183; M: +353.87.2479057; W: www.productinnovator.com