Subject: Re: [trust-el] IETF non-working group email list: Vectors of Trust

Steve
Great input
Can we discuss it Thursday
regards

Abbie Barbir, PhD
VP Senior Architect, Global Information Security
+1 613 291 3253
Bank of America

On 10/28/14, 2:51 PM, "Steve Olshansky" <olshansky@isoc.org> wrote:

>I know some of you are aware of this, but I don't recall seeing this go
>out to this list. I am passing this along in the interest of recruiting
>interested participants and expanding the conversation.
>
>Subscription info is below.
>	Steve
>
>--
>Steve Olshansky
>Trust & Identity Program Lead
>Internet Society
>www.internetsociety.org
>
>Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: IETF Secretariat <ietf-secretariat@ietf.org>
>>list
>> Date: September 11, 2014 at 3:29:02 PM MDT
>> To: IETF Announcement List <ietf-announce@ietf.org>
>> Cc: <leifj@sunet.se>, <olshansky@isoc.org>, <vot@ietf.org>
>>
>> A new IETF non-working group email list has been created.
>>
>> List address: vot@ietf.org
>> Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/vot/
>>
>> Purpose:
>>
>> Since the publication of RFC 2527 there have been several attempts to
>> standardize technology-independent frameworks for describing the
>> concerns that go into a determination of inter-organizational and
>> transactional trust.
>>
>> Notable examples include NIST SP 800-63, The Kantara Identity Assurance
>> Framework (historically originating from the Liberty Alliance and
>> Electronic Authentication Partnership) and ISO 29115. These documents
>> have been profiled and reworked a number of times in the last few years.
>>
>> The vot@ietf.org list is for discussion of a common set of baseline
>> "vectors of trust": common, orthogonal aspects of organization,
>> technology and policy that help to determine the level of assurance
>>that
>> can be placed in a deployment of digital identity technology. Work will
>> draw on deployment experience related to web identity technology (eg
>> SAML, OAUTH and OpenID Connect) as well as experience with current
>>state
>> of the art in identity assurance.
>>
>> For additional information, please contact the list administrators.

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer.   If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.