ubl-adoption message

Subject: Drafting of editorial policies

Hi folks!

I'm trying to address situations we find on ubl.xml.org with written
policies that we collaboratively develop.

I've drafted the first one at:

   http://ubl.xml.org/editorial-board-and-editorial-policies

... as a result of a poster posting information today to the "wrong"
area.  It turns out that editors cannot move a posting from one area
to another area, so the burden is put onto the original poster to
make the change before the editor makes it for them.

Hopefully by being clear about expectations of posters and of the
editors of different areas, the maintenance of the site will be easy
and straightforward with fewer mistakes from posters and shorter
delays from editors.

Please let me know if you have questions about your responsibilities
as an area editor, and I will try to reflect the answers on the page
cited above so that everyone understands what is expected of them.

Thanks!

Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc