ubl-clsc message

Subject: UK Code List Proposal from April 2003

As requested at this week's telecon, I attach a paper I prepared for the UK
Government. This was forwarded via the OASIS eGov TC to the UBL TC, and was
considered there.

Jon Bosak sent me the following after a UBL meeting:

"I'm sure that there will be more about this later, but I just
wanted to let you know that your proposal got a couple of hours
worth of pretty intense discussion at the UBL TC meeting in
Montreal this week.  We didn't end up agreeing with everything in
the proposal, but it does appear that we are going to accept the
idea of putting the short description and related stuff in
appinfo.  Thanks very much for the contribution!"

This paper followed on from an earlier one that had the syntax shown here
and an alternative "neutral" syntax. The UK Government preferred this one.
However, the important thing is not the syntax, but the data model that is
behind it. When I get a chance (if only!) I will compare what you have done
to this.

Regards

Paul Spencer
Director