Subject: [ubl-comment] Fwd: RE: [EDI-L] ebXML CPA/CPP Estimate

Re-sent out of sequence to ubl-comment, for sake of completeness, but only because it bounced the first time.  Mike's answer already appears on list.  JBC

Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 23:03:20 -0800
To: EDI-L@yahoogroups.com, ubl-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
From: James Bryce Clark <jbc@lawyer.com>
Subject: RE: [EDI-L] ebXML CPA/CPP Estimate
Cc: polivola@advsoftech.com, mike@rawlinsecconsulting.com

At 10:17 PM 11/27/01, Peter Olivola wrote:
As you noted, Mike, the bulk of the effort, whether EDI or ebXML or Ewok,
still gets down to, in it's simplest terms, a definition of "ship date."
That's not a technical issue now and no flavor of XML will make it one.  As
long as there is no agreement on common business terms there will be little
advantage to one data format over another.

1.  Peter is absolutely right.
2.  Mike, or anyone, are those taxonomy issues in-scope for UBL?  I know you're defining a set of what xCBL calls "documents" but am less clear about plans to specify default or required codesets -- NAICS, UNSPSC, that sort of thing.  Certainly they are a key piece of the Big Puzzle.
3.  And if there's an EwokXML, sign me up.

Regards   Jamie

~ James Bryce Clark, McLure-Moynihan Inc.
~ 1 818 597 9475   jamie.clark@mmiec.com    jbc@lawyer.com
~ This message is neither legal advice nor a binding signature.  Ask me why.