Subject: Re: [ubl-comment] UBL comments on ebXML Core Components TechnicalSpecification v1.8 - move this thread to the correct forum.

i was playing devil's advocate with my last remark, but i would like to
stop this discussion (without being too rude).

Firstly, i agree with your remarks, but dont forget the formal process
is also the way for external groups to respond to the work of eBTWG
groups.  UBL is a separate constituency from eBTWG CCS and we see this
comment period as an opportunity to provide formal feedback to the CCTS
based on our practical experience in using CCTS 1.8 as the basis for our
XML vocabulary.
.
Secondly, the statements recently posted to this list are not UBL
'recommendations'.  This has been taken from a draft paper that is still
being debated within the UBL team (with as much vigour as expressed by
todd and others on this list).  This misrepresentation needs to be
clarified.

Thirdly, as mike rawlins has pointed out (but eBTWG CCS members could
not read) - unless you are subscribed to both lists you do not get all
the responses and any meaningful debate is lost.  For example, your
team's responses are not being received by most of the UBL members.  we
have just spawned two disparate threads and lets face it, why should
eBTWG CCS be interested in discussing what another group may or may not
be submitting as comments to the CCTS?  Lets save that discussion until
we have a clear idea of what we want to say.

I dont think this cross-posting actually does move us along more quickly
- it just creates noise and confusion..

Lets close this thread down now.  Anyone wishing to contribute to the
UBL comments on CCTS should do so via the UBL list.  The archive of
which is publicly available
at...http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-comment.  Subscription is
via http://lists.oasis-open.org/ob/adm.pl .