Subject: RE: [ubl-comment] FreightCreditNote?

Good evening, Guido.

The UBL TC has discussed your submission to the UBL Comment List and tracked it with this ticket:

  https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-23?filter=12972

We have analyzed our own use of the CreditNote for the Invoice and determined that the two documents are so very close that probably we should not have made them separate documents in the first place. We need to preserve backward compatibility and maintain the CreditNote, though we have found this is proving to have its own shortcomings as noted in this ticket:

  https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-18?filter=12972

We have concluded that we will not be introducing future similar maintenance headaches by adding the FreightCreditNote to the document suite. We recommend that you use the FreightInvoice with the invoice type indicating that it is a credit note.

We invite you to consider its use in UBL 2.2's upcoming first public review. If you find that it cannot meet your need, you are welcome to post again to the UBL Comment List with your observations.

On behalf of the committee I thank you for your interest in UBL!