Subject: Re: [ubl-csc] TC attendance and quorums

Just responding to the one question you asked me:

Jon Bosak wrote:
> [Eve:]
> | >    c. The voting members assembled at a regularly scheduled and
> | >       noticed but inquorate TC meeting shall be authorized to
> | >       operate as an ad hoc subcommittee of the whole, chaired by
> | >       the chair of the TC or, in his absence, the vice chair of
> | >       the TC, and shall be authorized to formulate proposed
> | >       resolutions for the chair's consideration in issuing email
> | >       ballots.
> |
> | I actually don't think this provision is needed.  Since the chair is the
> | final arbiter of email resolutions, can't anyone (even non-OASIS
> | members) suggest ballot ideas to the chair?
>
> You're right; let's lose the last independent clause, at least.
> But I still feel the need for something that authorizes us to
> proceed under our regular rules as some kind of committee even if
> we're not quorate as the TC itself.  Is this OK if we chop it
> before "and shall be authorized to formulate" &c.?

Ah, I see.  This protects due process for any work done, even when you
don't have enough for a quorum.  I guess it's a good idea, then...

	Eve

Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 883 5917
XML Web Services / Industry Initiatives      eve.maler @ sun.com