Subject: Re: [ubl-csc] UBL & Kavi - [Fwd: concall for doc mgmt ad hoc committee]

Anne Hendry wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> I've been 'elected' ;) to represent UBL in this effort.  I'd like to make
> sure our concerns/requirements are adequately described.  Karl has listed
> below a summary of what he perceives to be the main requirements for an
> OASIS system that would adequately support our needs.

What I don't see listed explicitly (although it could be argued that it
is included in others, like the multipart bullet) is the ability to archive
and display HTML documents with graphics, without having to zip them up
and have the user download and unzip them. If that problem is solved, most
of the others will too, is my feeling. IOW, using a non-URL based/aware
database is perhaps the biggest problem that Kavi has, and it won't be
solved until the document repository is decoupled from Kavi.

(BTW, a colleague of ours said the other day "I'm starting to believe the phrase
"Kavi sucks" is redundant as any mention of Kavi is about how much it sucks. ")

:)

--
Eduardo Gutentag               |         e-mail: eduardo.gutentag@Sun.COM
Web Technologies and Standards |         Phone:  +1 510 550 4616 x31442