ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: Announce: Beginnings of a new XSL stylesheet library for UBL 1.0 documents

 what is he talking about

-----Original Message-----
From: G. Ken Holman [mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com]
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 6:24 PM
To: UBL-Dev
Subject: Re: Announce: Beginnings of a new XSL stylesheet library for
UBL 1.0 documents

At 2004-05-21 11:40 +0100, Pedro Alves wrote:
>On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 06:26:17AM +0300, G. Ken Holman wrote:
> > At 2004-05-20 20:04 -0400, david.lyon@tradalogs.com wrote:
> > >I've had a look at your resources and they seem to look quite good.
> >
> > Thank you ... I'm hoping to complete them soon and am looking for
feedback.

>     As soon as I can, I will give you some :) This will be excelent
>for a product we are developing. I chose ubl as the "core" structure
>and this xsl's will come in hand for displaying documents. May I use
>them? :)

Yes, I wrote these stylesheets so that they can be used by anyone.
You'll find in the stylesheets that I use the Modified BSD License which
requires you to preserve my copyright on my stuff that you use,
including the hyperlink to our web site.  You can use these in any free
or commercial system as you wish.

> > Back to your "how to fit them in to some existing system?" question:

> > I'm not sure ... are existing systems modular enough to accommodate
> > XSLT engines and XSL-FO engines in order to exploit my
> > freely-available stylesheets?  I don't know.
> >
> > Perhaps we can start a thread here on UBL-Dev regarding existing
> > systems and their support of print and display.  I'm guessing that
> > existing
> systems
> > probably use proprietary technologies for rendering rather than
> > "plug and play" XSL stylesheets.
>
>     My "fit them in to some existing systems" is XSL stylesheets !
>IMHO, this is the correct way to go!

Amen to that ... I'm trying to promote getting away from proprietary
technologies by making these freely available.

Thanks, Pedro!

--
Public courses: Spring 2004 world tour of hands-on XSL instruction
Next: 3-day XSLT/XPath; 2-day XSL-FO - Birmingham, UK June 14,2004

Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/
Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/bc
http://www.allaboutsingles.com http://www.avidware.net
http://www.intercore.net