ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] No possibility to include the InvoiceeParty inUBL1.0Invoice

Jan

Others may be able to answer this better but in the meantime here is my take on it.

You may need to wait until UBL 1.1 for extra parties to be defined. It is an action
item in the UBL issues list (following requests regarding mapping to EDI).

For now it is assumed that the Buyer is, by definition, I think (others may be able to
confirm this or otherwise) the Invoicee. There is the Originator party in the UBL order
but this has no counterpart in the UBL invoice. Is it that the party paying the invoice
is not necessarily the Invoicee? It is assumed in UBL 1.0 (1) that the party receiving the
invoice is the Buyer and (2) that the invoice would be directed to the party paying the invoice
which it is assumed is the Buyer. In which of these assumptions is there the problem?

While UBL has it on the action list for 1.1 to improve this for interoperability with EDI
standards it may be that your case should be a further consideration.

All the best

Stephen Green

>>> "Riepshoff, Jan" <J.Riepshoff@conxpert.de> 14/09/04 15:57:04 >>>
Hello there,

we are using the UBL1.0 standard for transportation from an SAP system into
a proprietary system.
We need to include quite a pile of information from the SAP iDoc into the
UBL1.0_INVOICE.

Now my question:
What has happened to the "InvoiceeParty" which I've seen in older versions
of the standard?
It is very important for us to have a Node where the information about the
party paying the invoice (since it's not inevitably the BuyerParty) can be
transported.
I think it would be very meaningful to re-include this node into the
standard.
But for the moment I need a solution for my problem. Has anyone a solution
for me? I don't want to misuse a node in a wrong way.