ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL in Manufacturing

Hi Duane,

We here at Computergrid have a small UBL implementation within
the manufacturing sector here in Sydney Australia.

Our solution is focused at the smaller manufacturers who
make all sorts of things such as aluminium and plastic
products.

With our app, they are able to generate Purchase Orders
and print, send or email the UBL or PDF versions to their
suppliers. They can then track their orders through to
completion.

The systems have been running stable for the past six
months and can cope with large numbers of Purchase
Orders with ease. Client testimonials and references
are available.

Whilst not designed specifically for manufacturing, our
product "computergrid" has been successfully picked up
by a number of manufacturers and has had some customisation
to suit "job" based ordering. That is where materials need
to be ordered and tracked for particular production runs
or jobs. An essential requirement in many manufacturing
facilities.

We are planning on releasing a client for beta testing
in January. The beta release won't include the job based
tracking capabilities.

Computergrid ranges in price from about $US1000 upwards for
a four workstation installation. This includes on-site
configuration to allow it to run using the MySQL database
server.

Features include Grid transports to enabled suppliers
and an easy to use Graphic interface.

For suppliers not Grid enabled, purchase orders can be
printed and faxed, or emailed with a PDF copy of the
Purchase Order.

Please don't hesitate to contact me for more information
or let me know if there's anyway that we might be able
to help.

Best Regards

David