ubl-dev message

Subject: Best practice for adding information to UBL entities?

I am in a situation where the simple UBL order-related documents and structures *almost* fit what I want to do.  I have a couple of additional fields (that's it) that I need to capture in a UBL document.

What is the best practice for doing this?

I see two fundamental possibilities:
  1. Use some innate customization facility within UBL that I've overlooked
  2. Make my own schema for my own type of document that references elements and attributes from the UBL schema, which I will have to import in my schema.
Am I missing anything obvious?

Any pointers to pretty much anywhere related are heartily welcomed.

Thank you,
Laird