ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL in real life shipping web services integration

constantine@expeditebiz.com wrote:

>In this regard I am wondering if there is a document where I can see
>the following information:
>
>Carrier - DHL, UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc.

DespatchAdvice.ActualShipment.ShipmentStage.CarrierParty

>Services - 2Day, GROUND, etc.

For service levels this would be:

DespatchAdvice.ActualShipment.PriorityLevelCode

- identifies the priority or level of service required for a shipment.

For scope of reponsibility (eg.  CIF, FOB, or EXW from the INCOTERMS
Terms of Deliver) this would be:

DespatchAdvice.DespatchLine.DeliveryTerms.SpecialTerms

>Package - Express Envelope, etc.

DespatchAdvice.DespatchLine.TransportHandlingUnit.ActualPackage.ID

>Weight - value

the Shipment describes the Gross and Nett weights of goods shipped

>Dimensions - value

the Shipment describes the Gross and Nett volume of goods shipped

>DropoffType/Pickup - residence, business, etc.

DespatchAdvice.Delivery.DespatchAddress is the pickup point
DespatchAdvice.Delivery.DeliveryAddress is the dropoff point

>Payment - billing shipper, billing recipient, etc.

Shipment.TransportContract simply identifies the contract.  this would
determine who pays what.  For more details we would need to define the
payment terms for shipment.  Perhaps this is a UBL 1.1 requirement?

>Declared Value - value

This has already been identified as a requirement for UBL 1.1

--
regards
tim mcgrath

DOCUMENT ENGINEERING: Analyzing and Designing Documents for Business Informatics and Web Services
(coming soon from MIT Press)
http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?sid=632C40AB-4E94-4930-A94E-22FF8CA5641F&ttype=2&tid=10476