ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Duplicate Definition of Documentation Parameters

Thanks for elaborating.  If convenient, can you show me the transcript
of the long list of "Global element ..." errors which VS throws
when validating the xsdrt version of schemas?   I'd also like to see
the same long list for webMethods if you're ok.  No promise of any
further ideas, but just hoping to dig out more clues.

I share your suspension/suspicion.  I'm assuming in paragraph 3, you're
talking about removing the documentation of the schema which you crafted
(as I couldn't find any more documentation in CAC, CCTS or other schemas
in xsdrt).   Now it is curious that removing documentation from schema
should affect its validity/loadability, especially when what happens
inside xsd:documentation  ought not to concern the schema loader
(in your case VS & webMethods).  The error you mentioned about "Global
element" rather than documentation cardinality error or type mismatch
also leaves me with question marks about the true nature of the problem.

At this point, it's probably hard to conclude if the schemas are
problematic, or the tools disagreeing with each other.  In the
latter case, it is also not clear if majority outcome should not be
taken seriously.

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai
SoftML