OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl-dev message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Duplicate Definition of Documentation Parameters

Thanks for elaborating.  If convenient, can you show me the transcript
of the long list of "Global element ..." errors which VS throws
when validating the xsdrt version of schemas?   I'd also like to see
the same long list for webMethods if you're ok.  No promise of any
further ideas, but just hoping to dig out more clues.

I share your suspension/suspicion.  I'm assuming in paragraph 3, you're
talking about removing the documentation of the schema which you crafted
(as I couldn't find any more documentation in CAC, CCTS or other schemas
in xsdrt).   Now it is curious that removing documentation from schema
should affect its validity/loadability, especially when what happens
inside xsd:documentation  ought not to concern the schema loader
(in your case VS & webMethods).  The error you mentioned about "Global
element" rather than documentation cardinality error or type mismatch
also leaves me with question marks about the true nature of the problem.

At this point, it's probably hard to conclude if the schemas are
problematic, or the tools disagreeing with each other.  In the
latter case, it is also not clear if majority outcome should not be
taken seriously.

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai
Tel: +65-6820-2979
Fax: +65-6743-7875
Email: cheekai@SoftML.Net

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Morgan Kathleen C wrote:

>>I am actually using an unmodified version of the UBL schemas in the xsdrt
>>directory.  I have two tools - XMYSpy and Visual Studio.  The XMLSpy seems
>>to validate all the schemas with no errors.  But, my Visual Studio tool,
>>gives a long list of "Global element has already been defined" errors in the
>>CommonAggregateComponents schema - but no errors appear in the maindoc
>>I am actually writing custom schemas and trying to replicate the
>>structure/syntax of the UBL schemas.  I started getting these errors on my
>>custom schemas and then attempted to validate the UBL schemas to narrow down
>>the error to one that I caused or one that I replicated.
>>The problem is that we are tyring to implement webMethods as our broker.
>>That tool seems to import the main schema as well as all of the imported
>>schema files.  This same type of error appears within webMethods when it
>>hits the CAC schema.  When we played around with webMethods, the only fix we
>>came up with was to remove the documentation - and that resolved the
>>I was interested in finding out if anyone knew if this was truly a toolset
>>problem or some sort of problem that I could correct from within the
>>schemas.  Since we wrote the schemas in XMLSpy, we never hit this problem
>>and I'm afraid of having to rewrite a bunch of stuff.  I'm thinking that
>>since XML Spy seems to be ok, that it is a toolset problem - but I just
>>wans't sure.
>>Kathleen C. Morgan
>>(301) 731-6768
>>kathleen.c.morgan@irs.gov / kmorgan24@csc.com

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]