ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Datatype Methodology RE: [ubl-dev] SBS and Restricted Data Types

Chin,

One other way of looking at this is that business people especially need
to be able to inspect the proposed interchange and quickly see the
deltas from the usual.

The usual is the default way of handling information - dates, strings,
etc.

The delta is when limits or checks need to be applied or changes to the
model apply (repeatable, optional).

In CAM we've taken the declarative approach - so it does make it obvious
where and when such deltas exist.

The vision has always been that ultimately agent software can actually
compare such templates and provide the business analyst with the
deltas.  E.g. since XPath expressions are used to denote where to apply
those deltas - you can easily extract out two or more lists of
predicates - one from each template - and then sort by XPath reference
and compare...

Another tool here is <include> statements.  Where a template fragment is
created that handles default processing of common blocks of XML content
(address is an obvious one).  Being able to create sub-components
templates - breaking the overall processing down into smaller more
manageable chunks is another notion that helps to implement concepts
such as SBS.

DW