ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Low level versioning

Quoting "David RR Webber (XML)" <david@drrw.info>:

> In the CAM approach - you only need to change the CAM template when a
> UID item changes that is in one of your templates (and maybe not even -
> it can auto-adjust from a registry definition reference!!!).
>
> Fault tolerance is absolutely essential in making broad versioning and
> interoperability work without a exponential cost in terms of support
> and maintenance.
>
> One most obvious touch point for this is codelists and when permitted
> value changes.  Do you want your system to fail when new values are
> introduced - or adapt automatically?  Your decision will of course
> depend on business context - and you want the ability to configure
> behaviours depending - some examples - issue error and reject
> transaction; issue warning /alert and accept transaction but put in
> holding area; automatically update accepted values and proceed; or
> ignore data changes - and pass content to downstream processing.

Does this mean CAM has a way to treat some elements or attributes
as not so much invalid but requiring special treatment? I only
noticed in the earlier example something like makeMandatory and
makeOptional (sorry if not correct terms): is there something in
between like makeThrowNonFatalException?

This would be important for a CAM implementation of the UBL SBS.

Thanks

Steve