ubl-dev message

Subject: Notice on ebBP v2.0.3 - Advancement to OASIS CommitteeSpecification and road to OASIS Standard

The set of ebBP v2.0.3 packages has been approved as an OASIS
Committee Specification.
We are actively working within OASIS and with other interested user
communities in Asia,
United Kingdom, Germany and the Netherlands to gain the implementation
certifications to
advance to OASIS Standard and hopefully to ISO to complete the
ISO-15000 series
(mentioned in OASIS Symposium last week).  We'd welcome your support
in this regard.

We've consolidated a wealth of information relevant to our user
communities at our public
web site at:
   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ebxml-bp
   v2.0.3 Packages and, if desired, individual schema files, see
"Technical Work Produced
by the Committee."

ebBP is also in the news:
1. ebBP was featured in the SOA Business Session at the OASIS
Symposium, May 2006, see
"Expository Work Produced by the Committee."
2. ebBP was featured at the OMG Think Tank on "Business Collaboration
Using ebBP" (also
posted at the location above). Thanks to our team member Sally St.
Amand for providing
interested users and BPM enthusiasts with more details on ebBP at this event.

Both presentations are available at the public web site provided.
Also, check out web
site:

    * Frequently Asked Questions
    * ebBP Overview
    * Process definitions for:
          o CPPA negotiation
          o UBL or UBL Small Business Subset (SBS) v1.0 process
            definitions: Features modular definitions and use of new
            document reference function and also includes CPPA package
          o Dutch government criminal justice instances and use case
            document
          o Business signal examples
          o Knit wear Italian draft process definitions
    * Draft ebBP editor: User guide and update are to be released very soon.

Note, the UBL Small Business Subset v1.0 is now an OASIS Committee
Specification and
includes a set of ebBP v2.0.3 modular process definitions, called
Universal Business
Processes.

As we've said before (and will say again politely), our focus on user
communities is
paying off - one example being the interest in the UBL community - and
we now have
achieved Committee Specification. We're interested in those that are
developing their own
process definitions and can show their successful use of ebBP.

We encourage you to check out our public web site and keep abreast of
our progress made
thus far.  For those using or interested in using ebBP, please contact
Dale Moberg and
myself (particularly if you are an OASIS member!). Best regards.

Respectfully,

    Dale Moberg, <dmoberg@us.axway.com>
    Monica J. Martin, monica.martin@sun.com
    and the ebBP team