ubl-dev message

Subject: Modeling multiple possible invoice totals based on payment means

Hi folks!

I have a question for the UBL business experts.

I'm modeling my invoice and I don't know how to express that the
invoice total is different based on the payment means chosen by my customer.

Say my invoice totals CAD$1000 by whatever calculations are made for
products and services sold.  At the bottom of my paper invoice I have
three lines, assuming an exchange rate of .85:

   Payment by cheque:                    CAD$1000.00
   Payment by Internet (USD + USD5% Fee) USD$ 892.50
   Payment by EFT:     (CAD$20.00 Fee)   CAD$1020.00

I note that in:Invoice/cac:LegalMonetaryTotal is mandatory and not
repeatable, and that there are only BBIE child elements, but
interestingly a number of them are repeatable.  I cannot see how one
would make correlations or how one would identify multiple repeated
children, but I think there is a clue there.

Looking at the optional and repeatable in:Invoice/cac:PaymentMeans, I
do not see any financial amounts in the children of PaymentMeans with
which to specify the differentiated amounts.  Though I do see
repeatable children like InstructionNote.

What recommendations would members of the list have for how I would
model the three possible payments from which a customer can choose to
pay?  Is this even possible?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/bc