ubl-dev message

Subject: SV: [ubl-dev] UBL vs xCBL 4.0 - and SAP implementations

> 2. How are the Danes implementing UBL at the government end? On what
> platform? Is any of this open source, or commercially provided product
> that might be available to others?

We are working in parallel on different initiatives that drives UBL:

* Localization and customization: We work with the industry and public sector
to define simple procurement processes, which are easy to implement using
UBL. We standardize the subsets as Danish public sector standards.
* Promotion: We make brochures, write articles, do road shows to public
sector institutions and participate at IT-events where Danish ERP-providers
are present.
* Arrange training and workshops: Invite ERP-providers to hands-on workshops
to learn more about UBL.
* Legislation and voluntary agreements: We have mandate the use of UBL
invoice to the public sector. 1.25 million messages are exchange every month.
We talk to government agencies and local government about voluntary adoption
of more parts of the UBL procurement process.
* Infrastructure: We are establishing a national web service infrastructure
with a business registry. A standardized profile of open standards is used.
See more at http://2006.xmlconference.org/programme/presentations/36.html
* Open source: We are developing two open source toolkits - one for the Java
platform and one for the .Net platform. The toolkits can be used to integrate
ERP-software in the infrastructure and makes it "as easy to exchange a
business document as it is to send an email". In addition an open source
message handler is developed. The message handler acts as a reference
implementation for other suppliers.
* International collaboration: We participate actively in UBL and a North
European group working on a UBL subset (NES). We also work with UN/CEFACT in
order to ensure convergence. Our talks are not only limited to payload but
also infrastructure. It is a business requirement that UBL messages can flow
between different network infrastructures. Coordination on addressing
mechanisms must be done.

Best regards

Mikkel Hippe Brun
Chief consultant, M.Sc.
Direct: +45 3337 9220
Cell: +45 2567 4252

National IT and Telecom Agency
Center for Service Oriented Infrastructure
Holsteinsgade 63
DK-2100 Copenhagen Ø
Denmark
Tel: +45 3545 0000