ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] How big can the invoice number field be?

Hi David

Not me that's asking. I guess Thomas would prefer it if all this
was packaged up and maybe distilled down into just a few links.
The question asked was pretty simple. It just looks a tad like
the UBL solution is even more complex than the EDI one. I don't
think it needed to be like this, shame it has gotten a bit like
this though. In short I would say Thomas and others would need
a rule like 'UBL doesn't provide datatype length restrictions
(for database storage, etc) - use EDI ones' and maybe some
helpful ready-made artefacts to that end to aid interoperability
and conformance across implementations to make it real.

--
Stephen D. Green

Partner
SystML, http://www.systml.co.uk