ubl-dev message

Subject: [ubl-dev] OrderReference does not include enough information

Stephen

I have been working on my UBL documents and now have a better
understanding how UBL hangs together. Very clever!

Returning to the document titled Notice of Outstanding Supply, I
looked at your suggested DespatchRequest schema. Our paper
document includes for each item:

- order number/line
- part number
- description
- outstanding quantity
- date ordered
- due date

Your suggestion of cac:Item doesn't capture enough information
so I used cac:DespatchLine instead, ignoring irrelevant
components like cbc:DeliveredQuantity, cac:Shipment etc. I got
close but found that cac:OrderReference (via
cac:OrderLineReference) does not include the order's due date.
Here is a contrived example snippet:

<cac:DespatchLine>
  <cbc:ID>001</cbc:ID>
  <cbc:OutstandingQuantity>12</cbc:OutstandingQuantity>
  <cac:OrderLineReference>
    <cbc:LineID>003</cbc:LineID>
    <cac:OrderReference>
      <cbc:ID>L12345</cbc:ID>
      <cbc:IssueDate>2008-02-21</cbc:IssueDate>
    </cac:OrderReference>
  </cac:OrderLineReference>
  <cac:Item>
    <cbc:Description>Rubber Ducky, Yellow</cbc:Description>
    <cac:SellersItemIdentification>
      <cbc:ID>RDY-12345</cbc:ID>
    </cac:SellersItemIdentification>
  </cac:Item>
</cac:DespatchLine>

My implementation of UBL-Order-2.0 uses /Order/cac:Delivery/
cbc:LatestDeliveryDate to specify due date for the order. Do I
create a custom aggregate component based on cac:DespatchLine,
but with cac:Delivery as well as cac:OrderLineReference?

This doesn't feel right to me because the deficiency is actually
in the order reference, not in the (non-)despatch line. But the
alternative looks very messy: create custom DespatchLine,
OrderLineReference and OrderReference components?

Of course, I could try to convice the business that their
reminder document doesn't need a due date for the items on the
list. I don't think they would accept that.

Any advice?

(Remember, these documents are only used internally to generate
documents for faxing.)

Regards

Michael Strasser
Brisbane, Australia

   This message has passed through an insecure network.
    Please direct all enquiries to the message author.