ubl-dev message

Subject: Other customization method Re: [ubl-dev] UBL Extensions

Hi Miguel

Sorry to be bombarding folk with stuff. I hope at least some of it helps.

Here is a sample non-conformant but compliant (?) custom order schema (? -
the definitions of this aren't yet finalized and we don't have any kind
of reference implementation based on draft Customization Guidelines). It
doesn't use substitution groups so the schemas won't validate a normal
UBL Order, nor will a custom order validate against UBL 2 Order schema even
without extension dates included. Nor does it use the UBLExtension. So
essentially it is a new document type that borrows much from the Order.

(My preference for your use case would be to use the UBLExtension unless you
need extensions at line level, which could prove tricky needing references
somehow included in the extension to refer to the order lines in the order.)

--
Stephen D. Green

Partner
SystML, http://www.systml.co.uk
Tel: +44 (0) 117 9541606

Quoting Miguel Pérez E <mape1082@hotmail.com>:

> Hi All,
>

> We are currently evaluating UBL to possibly adopt it into our next
> generation of business tools. We are facing a problem consisting
> mainly of the following:
>
> The standard does not cover all the possible data fields/structures
> we need to deal with. We basically need to map from EDI X.12
> messages to UBL and viceversa. The EDI is, as you know, really wide
> and is many times customized to the own purposes of who transmits.
>
> Example:
> A shipment may have many different associated dates: Ship Date,
> Deliver Date, Do not Deliver After, Do not ship after, Do not ship
> before, Do not deliver before,  Expiration date for foods etc.. We
> found at least 20 different DateTime qualifiers that may have us map
>  the DTM valua to a corresponding field in the UBL schema. It
> happens  that the UBL does not contemplate all of those fields. In
> this case  we would be forced to extend the standard to our own
> purposes.
>
> So, my questions are at this point:
>
> 1. Can you provide an example of how to extend a UBL Purchase Order
> with a date of expiration for an item that is food?
>
> 2. Is there a guide to map common EDI documents to their
> corresponding UBL documents?
>
> 3. Can you provide an small example of code list extension?
>

> Thanks a lot for your help,
>

> Miguel
> Create a handy button so your friends can add U to their buddy list.
>  Try it now!
> http://g.msn.ca/ca55/211

UBL-Sample-ExtendedOrder-2.0.zip