ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL and CCTS: Improvement interoperability ?

I found a very good document that helps in understanding the CCTS in relation to OAGIS, UBL and other standards.
http://www.srdc.metu.edu.tr/webpage/publications/2008/KabakDogacCSUR.pdf

Thanks, in fact is becomes quite simple to understand if you know that the Core Data Types and Business Data Types are standardized and taken over by all standards that have adopted the CCTS.
Kind regards,
Danny

----- Original Message ----
From: G. Ken Holman <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com>
To: ubl-dev@lists.oasis-open.org
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 4:46:54 PM

At 2008-06-19 07:28 -0700, Danny Gaethofs wrote:
>Now I have been looking for the ways different standards
>(Rosettanet, UBL , OAGIS, ...) that have adopted the CCTS
>implemented the CCTS.

My understanding is that UBL is the *only* implementation and
deployment of CCTS 2.01.

>The basic naming rules (DEN) seem to be adopted by most of those
>organizations. However what I could not find is an example of the
>key concept that improves interoperability, the use of the core and
>business data types.

In the UBL schema set you will find CCTS 2.01 fragments with the
UN/CEFACT copyright.  I'm unaware of any other global project using
these schema fragments ... for example:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.0/xsd/common/UnqualifiedDataTypeSchemaModule-2.0.xsd

>What is the status of implementing CCTS within UBL and / or OASIS ?

As CCTS 2.01 is currently implemented in UBL 2.0, changing at this
point to CCTS 3 would introduce incompatibilities requiring the need
for a new major version.  OASIS has already indicated it will not
produce a new major version of UBL and will focus on maintaining
minor revisions of UBL 2 to support current market needs for UBL
deployment.  A UBL 2.1 is planned for release in 2009 to address some
of the growing requirements for 2.0, and it will be done in a
fully-backward compatible fashion, thus not requiring existing 2.0
deployments to change.  I don't think the committee will be changing
to CCTS 3 for these reasons.

Perhaps are you referring to the core component library CCL?  There
is an identified project within UBL and UN/CEFACT TBG 17 to align the
UBL 2.1 library with CCL 08B (this has been in the works for a while
and most recently minuted just this week):

  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200806/msg00010.html

There have been presentations about this, a recent one at the UBL
International 2008 conference in Rome in April, and you'll find an
archive of the presentations here where Tim McGrath documented the plan:

  http://www.ublconference.com/200804/programme.html

I hope this helps.

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses:      Wellington, NZ 2009-01
RSS feeds:    publicly-available developer resources and training