ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Bit Of A Play

John,

One comment is that an invoice is not as much "computed" as extracted and
repackaged from prior documents/transactions and master data. The invoice is
not about what the supplier "wants" but rather what the customer ordered,
the supplier quoted, etc. Ideally the invoice is a "no surprises" document
for both the supplier and customer party.

In a well-ordered universe, there would be no "invoice" transaction because
the customer could pay off internal receiving reports, purchase orders and
quotes, etc. What gums up the works are errors and omissions in upstream
processes and in master data maintenance, not areas in which a standards
group can help except by making sure the standard does not encourage error
through lack of needed data "buckets."

					Fulton Wilcox
					Colts Neck Solutions LLC

-----Original Message-----
From: jaymuz@optusnet.com.au [mailto:jaymuz@optusnet.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 7:21 AM
To: ubl-dev@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ubl-dev] Bit Of A Play

Gents I'm going to go a bit free form for a bit with regards this topic.
Feel free to take a look and post any comments to this thread, but I'll toss
up my thoughts here:

http://www.21vservices.com/ubl/

for the moment until / and if it takes a form that I think might assist you.

Bit of a part time job for me.

Cheers,

John