ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] UBL Order

At 2009-07-07 11:17 -0400, Marzka, Jeremy wrote:
>Thanks for you response. I also felt like there should be some metadata
>on the item numbers but I don't know what to use.
>
>In my example the StandardItemIdentification is a UPC number and the
>AdditionalItemIdentification is a customer specific number that they
>refer to as a MINO.
>
>Would this be ok to do?
>
><cac:StandardItemIdentification>
>     <cbc:ID schemaName="UPC">662729165844</cbc:ID>
></cac:StandardItemIdentification>
><cac:AdditionalItemIdentification>
>     <cbc:ID schemaName="MINO">B41106</cbc:ID>
></cac:AdditionalItemIdentification>

Yes, names are acceptable (provided you spell it correctly as
"schemeName".  And as Stephen said your profile and customization
documentation would set out the semantics behind names that are used.

Personally, I prefer using URI strings rather than simple names.

<cac:StandardItemIdentification>
     <cbc:ID schemeURI="http://www.upcdatabase.com/";>662729165844</cbc:ID>
</cac:StandardItemIdentification>
<cac:AdditionalItemIdentification>
     <cbc:ID schemeURI="urn:x-company:MINO">B41106</cbc:ID>
</cac:AdditionalItemIdentification>

With the appropriate documentation from Stephen.

If your customer had a web reference for their MINO scheme, you could
use that as the scheme URI instead of the private use URN I use above.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wikipedia entries ended up being used by some:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Product_Code

Or even use URIs that point to new custom XHTML documents with RDDL
attributes as I posted yesterday.

--
Possible July/August XSLT/XQuery/XSL-FO training in Oakland/CA/USA
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/