ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] cXML Order Request to UBL Order

I tend to think that payment terms seems
odd when talking about an Order; whilst I agree
with Ken's mapping of it to Transaction Conditions,
I wonder whether it makes sense except from in
the invoice - unless the ordering party (cXML's
order-requesting party?) might sometimes dictate
the payment terms which seems unlikely. I agree
that order total is AnticipatedMonetaryTotal. I
don't claim familiarity with complex ordering like
that used in supply chains - I've only been involved
with public sector purchasing/buying) - but I take
third party billing to be where a party paying for
freight is not the same as the party paying for
goods so I think it isn't right to use the
AccountingCustomerParty for this - maybe UBL
doesn't support this (hopefully someone will
correct me). Maybe there could be an extension
for anything not supported by UBL - if necessary
to cover complex supply chain requirements. I
don't know about 'drop ship' or 'ship complete'
- for same reasons as above.

I agree it would be good to see a wiki page for
documenting all this kind of information. Well done
Ken.

Best regards

---
Stephen D Green