ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] cXML Order Request to UBL Order

At 2009-07-07 17:59 +0100, Stephen Green wrote:
>I agree it would be good to see a wiki page for
>documenting all this kind of information.

I set out the following plan in March 2009 with OASIS but
unfortunately the resource requirements at OASIS have put my requests
lower down in priority.  I need OASIS to devise two bulk-uploading
scripts to allow me to implement this:

Under the OASIS UBL document repository (for committee use):

   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/

   A "/psi/" directory will contain 2000 XHTML pages, one for each
   dictionary entry name, which will be a permanent Public Subject
   Identifier (PSI) with all of the IDD definitions for each
   business information entity and all spreadsheet cell values.  It
   will serve as a permanent public URI associated with the semantic
   meaning of the construct.  This is suitable for Topic Map
   applications or for anyone who wants an unambiguous permanent URI
   associated with every element of the UBL specification.

Under the OASIS-sponsored UBL.XML.org site (for community use):

   http://ubl.xml.org/wiki/ubl-specifications

   This directory will contain 2000 wiki pages, one for each
   dictionary entry name, which will be a community location for
   discussion, examples, citations, anything at all contributed
   by members of the community.

There will be a link from the PSI page to the corresponding wiki page
so that people can add their own information to augment the official
semantics, and there will be a link from the wiki page to the PSI
page so that people can find the official definitions while working
on the community perspective of things.

I haven't seen any action from OASIS on this yet.  All I need from
them are the bulk upload/revision mechanisms and the wiki page
encoding conventions.  Then I'll write the stylesheets to synthesize
all 4000 pages and their linkages.  Then I'll get them uploaded and
tested.  Then I'll announce it for everyone to jump in and add their
contributions.

So I hope UBL-Dev readers will have the patience to please hold off
creating ad hoc reference pages until these "official" reference
pages can be created.  Then we'll need everyone's help.

--
Possible July/August XSLT/XQuery/XSL-FO training in Oakland/CA/USA
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/