ubl-dev message

Subject: ExchangeRate amounts

Hi all,

I am currently trying to apply a remittance advice document to act as a
message from a payment gateway, and am struggling with exchange rates.

The payment gateway provides both the source currency and the target
currency, and the source amount and the target amount.

The ExchangeRate type in the UBL schema provides a source currency rate,
and a target currency rate, but doesn't offer the option to specify the
amounts charged explicitly.

From what I can see, this means you need to infer the target amounts
given the exchange rate, which is subject to rounding errors. This will
make it difficult to reconcile accounts at a later stage.

Are there any plans to add explicit amounts to the ExchangeRate type, as
described below? (or plans to offer an equivalent mechanism)

http://schemas.liquid-technologies.com/Oasis/UBL/2.0/default.html?url=http://schemas.liquid-technologies.com/Oasis/UBL/2.0/ExchangeRate3.html

Regards,
Graham